Monday, September 26, 2011

I want to be Stephen Fry when I grow up

I am a massive lexophile (thanks spell check for thinking I meant pedophile). I love words and massive Victorian phrases. Seriously, I'm the kid in 4th grade who started reading the dictionary for fun (which is about the time I started wearing glasses, what a surprise). So being told that the magic number is approximately 8 words in a sentence, and then that they should be one to two syllables . . . Well, I wasn't thrilled to say the least. But I get it, to convey a message quickly and efficiently you've got to make it as simplistic as possible without being insulting. I may want to use words like floccinaucinihilipilification, but only me and the rest of the lexophile community would find it amusing. In the end it's like masturbation, it only makes you feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment