Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm not even gonna try to come up with the 11th

So I finally got the test results I've been waiting for and I'm anemic, apparently. I'll be okay, I have a good doctor and she's already got me on some supplements and a high iron diet, but it got me thinking. Anyone else notice how we love a good medicine-based story? Like House or ER or MASH? I was tempted to find a way to make it a whole other type, but then I looked a little closer. Medical dramas fit into every single one of the types.

1.) Romance = Doctor/Nurse. Doctor/Patient. Nurse/Patient. Patient/Family Member. Patient has good health, patient loses good health, patient gets good health back.

2.) Success/Failure = Patient lives/dies.

Blah, blah, blah, you get the picture. I think the key is to stop looking for originality and start trying to perfect the 10 story types.

No comments:

Post a Comment