Friday, November 11, 2011

My father became a deist because of Ayn Rand

I try not to think about politics. It generally puts me into a nihilistic state of mind, probably because I'm a Libertarian living with a Tea-Party Republican. But the thing I find myself hating the most about politics is the campaign season. I don't watch broadcast television any more, and I had hoped that would lessen my desire for suicide during the campaign season, but that isn't the case. There was an ad for Obama at the beginning of a youtube video I watched this morning and it really annoyed me (mainly because it's still 2011 and I don't like Obama's 'more government fixes everything' thing). If I believed in the concept of a soul I might say it was a soul-crushing time to be a media consumer. It's a sad thing to be utterly disdainful of one's government and  politics by the age of 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment